My favorite season is fall. The smell of autumn leaves, candles, and hot cocoa warms my heart. But what I love the most about fall is wearing cardigans and boots. If I have to describe my style in three words it would be casual, simple, and well…basic.
Cardigans are a go-to item during fall. They are classic, effortless to wear, and flattering on any body shape or size. I love to wear a good cardigan with a solid color shirt or blouse, and pairing it with a scarf or statement jewelry. A great quality cardigan can be cozy and comfortable during fall.
Boots are my favorite pair of footwear during this season as well. My favorite style of boots are the ankle booties. They look great and can still help your feet stay warm. I think splurging on a good pair is worth it; especially if the quality is great and the pair will last a long time.
Another item I love to wear during fall is either a scarf or shawl. It can serve as a statement piece and can also help you stay warm. I prefer the ones that are long so they are easily draped and styled.
Details For This Look:
- Cardigan: Old Navy in the shade autumn maple. I actually saw the store by my parents’ place in Virginia and thought of checking it out. It had been a while since I last shopped at Old Navy, so I just wanted to see whats in store. As soon as I walked in I saw this cardigan hanging and the color drew my interest. Its such a gorgeous fall shade, and its the perfect length as well.
- Shirt: Forever21. The classic black sleeveless shirt is silk material. I love the fitting because it drapes and a fits extremely welll. I have had this shirt for more than few years and it is still in perfect condition even after multiple wash and wear.
- Boots: Zara. I bought these booties while in Dubai almost two years ago and they are still in great shape. The boots are suade in otter shade. I love the slight pointed toe and the wedged heel is the perfect height.
- Bag: Aldo. This purse was given to me by my mother-in-law for my birthday last year and its such a gorgeous yellow-mustard tone. I love the gold chain detail, and it has two full size pockets inside and one small pocket in the bag.
- Shawl: This shawl was a gift from my father-in-law. He knows I love shawls and this one is perfect! I adore the lace detail and the deep brown color. It is a woolen shawl and is extremely soft.