One of my favorite place to eat is Noodles & Company. They have a huge variety of noodles but one of my all time favorite item on their menu is their penne rosa. It is a mouthwatering combination of penne pasta, parmesan crusted chicken, spinach, mushrooms, and tomatoes. This past summer while visiting U.S I took my husband there for lunch, and he absolutely fell in love with this scrumptious dish.
Ever since we have been back to Pakistan he has been requesting me to make the same penne rosa for him every single day. So I finally decided to look up the recipe and give it a shot to recreate the same taste as Noodles & Company. I was surprised to find out how simple and easy this recipe was. It barely took 20 minutes to cook this dish, and it is healthy, fast, and absolutely delicious.
I did however change up few ingredients since I couldn’t find certain items in the grocery stores by my house. I figured I will share the recipe with you all, hope you enjoy this dish. If you decide to make it leave a comment below, let me know how it turned out. Love to all and bon appétit!
● Boneless chicken pieces/ chicken breast – 2
● Penne Pasta – 1 small packet
● Olive Oil – 3 tbsp (1tbsp for chicken and 2 tbsp for the rest)
● Spinach – 2 cups
● Heavy Cream – 1/2 cup
● Bread crumbs and Parmesan cheese – 1/2 cup each
● Tomato sauce – 2 1/2 cups
● Chopped garlic – 2
● Chicken broth – 1/4 cup
● Crushed pepper – depending on how spicy you want your pasta
● Chopped mushroom – 4 oz
● Diced Tomato – 3
● In a bowl mix the bread crumbs and parmesan cheese to create coating for chicken. Then coat the chicken evenly with the mixture
● Add 1 tbsp olive oil to a skillet and cook chicken until lightly brown. Set aside the chicken to rest. (I used 2 tbsp because my skillet was burning the chicken)
● Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in the same skillet and cook garlic until fragrant
● Add in diced tomatoes and chicken broth, and cook for 1 minute (I used chicken yakhni for my broth, if not availabe, you can use Knor’s chicken cubes as well)
● Add tomato sauce and crushed red pepper, and simmer for 10 minutes (I also added slight salt just to add more flavor)
● Stir in heavy cream
● Add mushrooms, and spinach
● Toss in penne
● Add chicken pieces and garnish with a little more Parmesan cheese